Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Controller

+2
[CLASSIFIED] Dash
CoolGearhead
6 posters

:: Media :: Tech

Go down

Xbox 360 Controller Empty Xbox 360 Controller

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 am

I'm going to get one of those controllers later on, somewhere around next week. The fun has been doubled! I'd like to know some pros and cons between the wired and wireless version (remember, I have a computer, not an Xbox 360, which i'm planning to get later on)

I know a pro of the wireless version, there are no wires

Or are they exactly the same, just wired and wireless, or are they different in one way or another? I'd like to know.
CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 Controller Empty Re: Xbox 360 Controller

Post  [CLASSIFIED] Dash Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:47 am

you usually need batteries for wireless, wired have a USB and run off of computer power
[CLASSIFIED] Dash
[CLASSIFIED] Dash

http://www.aeonorder.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:55 am

[CLASSIFIED] wrote:you usually need batteries for wireless, wired have a USB and run off of computer power

Ah, I see, so mostly, if you buy wireless, you'll need to get new batteries every month or so, and if you get the wired, it uses power from the computer, and can run almost FOREVER when the computer is on or has power (if it has battery)

Hmm, i'll see to that. I've also figured out another con with the wired, if i'm going to use it in my living room (mind you, it has a 15 inch television) is the fact that the wired version will literally go across half the room.
CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Glad to see you guys venturing to other parts of the forum, this is good.

During the pony holocaust that is going on in our community, I must ask both of you to chance your avatars to something other than ponies.

Your avatar does not have to be relevant to gaming or tech, but must be something not MLP related.

Thank you.
Rplix
Rplix

https://www.youtube.com/user/wowfanatic100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  [CLASSIFIED] Dash Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Never
[CLASSIFIED] Dash
[CLASSIFIED] Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:36 pm

You for sure will be banned from both of our servers once they start for starting this pony shit storm on a forum that you do not belong in.
Rplix
Rplix

https://www.youtube.com/user/wowfanatic100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  [CLASSIFIED] Dash Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Do I care?

your hitler end of story

you cant handle the fact we like ponies.

And to stop it?

Comply.

if you never want it to end then go ahead ban me form your servers. I dont even have MC or Gmod anymore.
[CLASSIFIED] Dash
[CLASSIFIED] Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Rplix wrote:You for sure will be banned from both of our servers once they start for starting this pony shit storm on a forum that you do not belong in.

You aren't contributing to the thread.

What's your opinion between the two? Wired or Wireless?

Please contribute to the thread, you may be a jerk, but I really need to know, I don't feel like using 70 dollars on something i'll regret.
CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflcopter Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:08 pm

I would go wireless, how I am now. For the reasons 1. I like laying back against a nice couch/chair and playing without worrying about someone tripping over a wire or knocking the xbox over when pulling the controller back. 2. Because you can take it anywhere in your house (maybe about 25 feet of wireless connection) and kind of use it as a ghetto phone as your friends are playing. 3. batteries run out pretty slowly and having it wired is very comfortable and you don't have to worry about the above.

Plus Rplix, the minecraft server, it's not yours I can't just ban people over the fact that they like ponies. Yet as I don't approve of it either and how it's in every thread, I understand that you don't like it either but you don't have to do all of this just because someone likes something and that you don't. You can leave this alone, ponies are not what I'm interested in either but this is not the way how to solve things.
*Edit* - also the controller isn't 70$ it's 50$ right? -

k, thanks -Roflcopter
Roflcopter
Roflcopter

https://www.youtube.com/user/Roflcoptercraftrp?feature=mhee#p/a/u

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Roflcopter wrote:I would go wireless, how I am now. For the reasons 1. I like laying back against a nice couch/chair and playing without worrying about someone tripping over a wire or knocking the xbox over when pulling the controller back. 2. Because you can take it anywhere in your house (maybe about 25 feet of wireless connection) and kind of use it as a ghetto phone as your friends are playing. 3. batteries run out pretty slowly and having it wired is very comfortable and you don't have to worry about the above.

Plus Rplix, the minecraft server, it's not yours I can't just ban people over the fact that they like ponies. Yet as I don't approve of it either and how it's in every thread, I understand that you don't like it either but you don't have to do all of this just because someone likes something and that you don't. You can leave this alone, ponies are not what I'm interested in either but this is not the way how to solve things.
*Edit* - also the controller isn't 70$ it's 50$ right? -

k, thanks -Roflcopter

Yeah, sorry, I sorta meant 60 dollars - i'm going to get it in-store, and tax applies.
CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

Post  torch Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Privately owned game stores are a good place to start.
torch
torch

Back to top Go down

Post  victorNeutron Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:50 pm

IMO

you should really try to get a wired controller. Buying a wired controller can benefit you in your Xbox 360 and PC. Without the battery pack slot at the end makes it about 2x lighter than the wireless. Also most games on the PC, such as Skyrim, BF3, and others you could use your Xbox 360 controller to play. Don't worry about length or being too close to the TV, due to the fact that the wires are extremely long, (about 3-5 ft) which makes my wired controller zip tie, the places that are out of hand or too long to shorten it to have better cable management in my setup.

TL:DR - wired all the way.
victorNeutron
victorNeutron

http://www.mast3rm1ndvector.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down