Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server is in need of mods / admins...

+4
Rplix
torch
Somebody
Daedalus
8 posters

:: Gaming :: Games :: Garry's Mod

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Server is in need of mods / admins... Empty Server is in need of mods / admins...

Post  Daedalus Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:34 am

This is just a general post.

With my upcoming IT job, I will not be able to come online as often as before (at least between noon and 6pm pacific time). Having said this, I really think we need more *ACTIVE* moderators on the server to watch over things.

Yes, I realize that we already have moderators and admins in the clan, and Yes, I realize most of you are still in Jr. High and High School... however those of you that I DO see coming to the server are barely on for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, and a very select few that harass other players / members when you are online (you know who you are).

Moderators and Admins have a MUCH greater responsibility on the server, and I just want to make this clear. If you are an admin on the server, you REPRESENT the clan and the server. Our server is ranked at 195 / 3,727 gmod servers, which is REALLY good for a 10 slot server. We want to keep / raise this rating!

To get to my point - I think we need new / more moderators on the server, ones that are willing to put the effort into what needs to be done and will not slack on their duties on the server, even if they are bored with Gmod. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it really isn't fair that I'm more or less the only one looking after the well-being of the server. Much as I enjoy being on the server, I cannot handle this alone any more.

To Douglas - We should think about putting new moderators on the server. To narrow the candidates, we should think about aspects and criteria that the candidates should meet in order to qualify (almost like a job application).

That is all.

- Daedalus (Shadow Wolf)
Daedalus
Daedalus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Server is in need of mods / admins... Empty Re: Server is in need of mods / admins...

Post  Somebody Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:42 pm

IF ONLY THERE WEREN'T SO MANY OTHER GREAT GAMES! It's hard for me to choose to play either DR2, Gmod, Spore, L4D2, of TF2. =p
Somebody
Somebody

Location : Lakewood, California, United States, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe

Back to top Go down

Server is in need of mods / admins... Empty Re: Server is in need of mods / admins...

Post  torch Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Im grounded, and one of my memory cards which means i cannot withstand clientside overflow. pale
torch
torch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:41 am

Do I harass people?
Rplix
Rplix

https://www.youtube.com/user/wowfanatic100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Somebody Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Rplix wrote:Do I harass people?
Depends what you mean by that, or in your idea of harass, lol. You can be cool, but you can also be ghay. =p
Somebody
Somebody

Location : Lakewood, California, United States, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey now, no need to be calling me ghey. Gmod is REALLY boring now since I suck at building and I have no ideas. So, my only entertainment on gmod is to annoy and make fun of people Very Happy
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Rplix wrote:Do I harass people?

Since you are too ignorant of your own actions towards others, I'm just going to tell you straight up.

Rplix wrote:... So, my only entertainment on gmod is to annoy and make fun of people Very Happy

Unfortunately, Rplix, it's that exact attitude on the R-N server that has lost you your moderator rank. As an administrator / moderator you are expected to resolve problems, not ADD to them. For your actions on the server, as well as inappropriate and borderline rude comments towards new members on the forums, you have officially been demoted to R-N Member.

This decision has been reached by both myself and Douglas after having reviewed reports on your in-game and forum behavior.

*NOTE* Please respect this decision as there was hard evidence produced to back up the facts brought to our attention. Also, Any member who decides to post rude, inappropriate, or otherwise harassing comments -OR- new topics concerning this decision, or the member this decision has affected, will face harsh consequences.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:05 am

That is a very ignorant decision on your part also. I worked extremely hard to earn the respect and trust from the other R-N members. You joined this clan maybe a month ago. You can't just come in and demote people to your bidding because you were some leader of another clan that died a long time ago. This clan also has been dead for some time, even before you joined but obviously you haven't noticed that I actually fixed the clan in some ways by laying down rules for recruitment and clan members. Again, this is an unfair and unjust decision and action and I hope you realize what you have just done to the clan and its members.
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:45 am

I will say this once again, this decision was reached by both myself AND DOUGLAS based on the evidence presented to us. This was not a decision based on ignorance as there was evidence to support our decision, so that statement is invalid.

The evidence is as follows:

• Multiple confirmed counts of random player harassment through use of sweps and RDM upon server entry AND continuing to do so when asked to stop by the players

• Multiple confirmed counts of ordering members and players around who were within the bounds of the server rules

The evidence stands as is, and your behavior as a moderator was deemed inappropriate. This decision will not be overturned.

End of discussion.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:59 am

I don't care if Douglas agrees with you, this account of demoting and false proof is unjust and I do not deserve such punishment. Obviously you do not understand still what your doing and will take a toll on the clan in short time. Have fun with trying to run this community with rules that everyone will follow. I attempted to fix this clan in times where it was broken. If you have any suggestions on making this work, please tell all of us, but demoting me only makes it worse.
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Somebody Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:53 pm

If I may say one quick thing to Rplix... Buddy, you're already demoted and even Douglas agreed with it. There's no point in arguing, you're just making it worse. =\
Somebody
Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 pm

Rplix wrote:I don't care if Douglas agrees with you, this account of demoting and false proof is unjust and I do not deserve such punishment. Obviously you do not understand still what your doing and will take a toll on the clan in short time. Have fun with trying to run this community with rules that everyone will follow. I attempted to fix this clan in times where it was broken. If you have any suggestions on making this work, please tell all of us, but demoting me only makes it worse.

It is not false proof, and to think so is EXTREMELY arrogant. The demotion is only on the server, and you were only demoted back to a normal member, it's not like we're kicking you OUT of the clan. This will have NO effect on the clan.

While we all appreciate what you have done, this does NOT absolve you of your actions.

Since you don't fully understand the situation you are in here, let me put it in another light for you... Since you work at Office Depot, I will use this as an example:

Being a store employee at office depot, you have helped to organize and improve the store on multiple occasions. Despite your good track record with the store, one day a customer irritates you to the point that you punch them in the face, breaking their nose on impact. You are arrested by the police, convicted of Assault, and will now have to spend 2 months in jail for your actions.

In this instance, do you believe that you should be set free based solely on your contributions to the store and good record?

Despite this being an online game, there are still CONSEQUENCES for unacceptable behavior just as with the above example, REGARDLESS OF ONE'S CONTRIBUTIONS.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:04 pm

It's not like I actually punched someone through the game. ha. And most of the time when I was messing with people, I was showing my friends gmod and how "fun" it is.
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Rplix wrote:It's not like I actually punched someone through the game. ha. And most of the time when I was messing with people, I was showing my friends gmod and how "fun" it is.

You should have thought ahead of time about the consequences of doing that on a server where you are a moderator on.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  torch Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Wait, rplix is demoted? to respected?
torch
torch

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:20 pm

torch900 wrote:Wait, rplix is demoted? to respected?

To RN Member.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Yeah this is stupid and this clan is run by a 25 year old japanese woman, great.
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Rplix wrote:Yeah this is stupid and this clan is run by a 25 year old japanese woman, great.

First of all, that is a very racist comment.

Second of all, Rukia is the "Japanese Woman", not me and I don't run the clan, just the server.

Third, if you keep making comments like that it will only WORSEN your current situation, so i would suggest stopping now before you dig a hole too big to climb out of.

You seriously need to think before you start saying stupid shit, because you will piss a LOT of people off that way. Rukia is a very respected person, and a good friend of many of the members here INCLUDING DOUGLAS, so before you go sticking your thumb up your ass again you had better remember that.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:18 am

Remember, you started this all.

END OF DISCUSSION
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Somebody Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:24 am

Rplix wrote:Remember, you started this all.

END OF DISCUSSION
He might have; it was a simple demotion for your actions and you start goin' off 'bout it. =\
Somebody
Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:23 am

I said...

END OF DISCUSSION

Don't comment anymore.
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 am

So back to the original topic this post was about...

We still need more moderators on the server on a regular basis. I will email Douglas this weekend about the criteria to be met, and then hopefully we will post a topic for applications by next week.
Daedalus
Daedalus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Somebody Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Rplix wrote:I said...

END OF DISCUSSION

Don't comment anymore.
Just because you say something, doesn't mean I have to comply. Smile
Somebody
Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post  torch Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Wait, does that mean we have NO MORE moderators?
torch
torch

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Yes, it means we have no moderators. Why does everyone take their anger on me?
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next