Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was willing to make a new motd at 11:00 PM

+3
Rplix
Somebody
CoolGearhead
7 posters

:: Gaming :: Games :: Garry's Mod

Go down

I was willing to make a new motd at 11:00 PM Empty I was willing to make a new motd at 11:00 PM

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:51 am

NEW : TEST PAGE - http://coolgearhead.webs.com/motd.html

It's nice, but it took one hour for the W.I.P to be almost done - here is what I have so far.

Code:
<body bgcolor = "#00FF00" text = "#000000">

<marquee><h1>The Rebel Network Build Server</h1></marquee>

<p style="text-align: center;"><a href="http://rebelnet.net">You can visit us at http://www.rebelnet.net </a>

<p style="text-align: center;">Welcome to our very nice server. We hope you have fun, but here are some rules.</p>
<HR>
<p style="text-align: center;">1. <b><u>No bothering people with their contraptions or other things. People might get mad, and start to rage.</u></b></p>

<p style="text-align: center;">2. <b><u><i>NEVER SPAWN ANY LAGGY CONTRAPTIONS.</i></u></b></p>

<p style="text-align: center;">3. <b><span style= "background-color: #FF0000">NO DRUNK COMBINE EVER. IF ADMINSTRATIVE STAFF SEE YOU WITH IT YOUR PROPS WILL BE CLEANED, AND YOU WILL BE BANNED OR KICKED.</b></span></p>

<p style="text-align: center;">4. Administrative Staff have the <u><i>final say.</u></i></p>

<p style="text-align: center;">5. <b>Never be a troll, mingebag, or a flamer. You will get muted/gagged or kicked or banned for being one.</b></p>

<p style="text-align: center;">6. <b>Do not spam props, or the chat, or even name changing.</b></p>
<HR>
<p> If you want to be in the clan, here are the requirements.</p>

<p> You have to <b>ask</b> someone in the \R-N\ Clan </p>

<p> You have to be at least 14 years or older. </p>

<p> You must post a "New Member" thread in the forums.</p>

<p> Must be inspected in-game by either an admin, super admin, or a moderator.</p>
<HR>

<p style="text-align: center;"><font size="4">If you want to be a respected or a moderator, go <a href="http://rebelnet.forumotion.com/garry-s-mod-f1/proposed-clan-member-rules-t54.htm"><font color="red"> here. </font></a>
<HR>

<p style="text-align: center;"> This whole motd was created by CoolGearhead. The rules are created by people in the \R-N\ Clan. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

What you have to do to view it - copy and paste that whole code into your favorite text editor (I used Notepad++.)

Save the file as motdtest.html

Open it in your favorite browser

Tell me what I need to do with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT.

One thing - a person will have to test out the motd in Garry's Mod on a test server.

If it works tell me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2.

Is it finalized? Do I need to add something else? Please tell me.

Last edited by CoolGearhead on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:58 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Added credits to me)
CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

I was willing to make a new motd at 11:00 PM Empty Re: I was willing to make a new motd at 11:00 PM

Post  Somebody Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:37 am

Wasn't spawning the Drunk Combine supposed to be a ban, or was it a kick? I forgot but I'm pretty sure it was more than a cleanup of that player's props. =\
Somebody
Somebody

Location : Lakewood, California, United States, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe

Back to top Go down

I was willing to make a new motd at 11:00 PM Empty Re: I was willing to make a new motd at 11:00 PM

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:22 am

Somebody wrote:Wasn't spawning the Drunk Combine supposed to be a ban, or was it a kick? I forgot but I'm pretty sure it was more than a cleanup of that player's props. =\

Ok, i'll fix it. Fixed.

And by the way - the 1 hour was tweaking the whole thing - the motd only took 10 to 15 minutes at least.

CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 pm

I dont like this. If people want to join the clan, they ask. Then we forward them to the website where they can see what the requirements are and such. By the way, I made those member requirements and you did not credit my name.
Rplix
Rplix

https://www.youtube.com/user/wowfanatic100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  junkfooded Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:23 pm

A simple "Thank You" to Rplix will do.

Topic: Finally, someone made one, I'll punch it in sooner or later after you clear something up,

No bothering people with their contraptions or other things. (Explain this please)
junkfooded
junkfooded
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:14 pm

junkfooded wrote:A simple "Thank You" to Rplix will do.

Topic: Finally, someone made one, I'll punch it in sooner or later after you clear something up,

No bothering people with their contraptions or other things. (Explain this please)

Explaination : People might get PISSED OFF (like today, with somebody, I spawned balls into something he didn't want me to pale )

I should add this, huh. Added.

Last edited by CoolGearhead on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Rplix wrote:I dont like this. If people want to join the clan, they ask. Then we forward them to the website where they can see what the requirements are and such. By the way, I made those member requirements and you did not credit my name.

The rules are created by people in the \R-N\ Clan. I'll edit it so it says you have to ASK first, lol Edited.
CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Somebody Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:07 pm

CoolGearhead wrote:

Explaination : People might get PISSED OFF (like today, with somebody, I spawned balls into something he didn't want me to pale )
Yeah, that was pretty f'ing annoying, lol. I had to fix up something with the prop spawners and replace the touchplates BUT YOU GUYS KEPT SPAWNING BALLS WITH THRUSTERS and throwing em in there, was not nice to see a million babies and donuts fly out of the dispencer.
Somebody
Somebody

Location : Lakewood, California, United States, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolGearhead Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Somebody wrote:
CoolGearhead wrote:

Yeah, that was pretty f'ing annoying, lol. I had to fix up something with the prop spawners and replace the touchplates BUT YOU GUYS KEPT SPAWNING BALLS WITH THRUSTERS and throwing em in there, was not nice to see a million babies and donuts fly out of the dispencer.

It made me LOL irl though, lol.

You don't get shitloads of donuts and babies everyday.
CoolGearhead
CoolGearhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 pm

This is my last post on this topic. Motd's should only include rules for the server itself, not clan rules. Just to clarify that.
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  junkfooded Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Finalized MOTD

<p>
<h1>The Rebel Network Build Server</h1>
</p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><a href="http://rebelnet.net">You can visit us at http://www.rebelnet.net </a></p>
<p style="text-align: center;">Welcome to our very nice server. We hope you have fun, but here are some rules.</p>
<hr />
<p style="text-align: center;">1. <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Respect other players and their props.<br /></strong></span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;">2. <strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><em>NEVER SPAWN ANY LAGGY CONTRAPTIONS.</em></span></strong></p>
<p style="text-align: center;">3. <strong><span style="background-color: #ff0000;">NO DRUNK COMBINE EVER. IF ADMINSTRATIVE STAFF SEE YOU WITH IT YOUR PROPS WILL BE CLEANED, AND YOU WILL BE BANNED OR KICKED.</span></strong></p>
<p style="text-align: center;">4. Administrative Staff have the <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><em>final say.</em></span><em>&nbsp;</em></p>
<p style="text-align: center;">5. <strong>Never be a troll, mingebag, or a flamer. You will get muted/gagged or kicked or banned for being one.</strong></p>
<p style="text-align: center;">6. <strong>Do not spam, props,&nbsp; chat, or name changing.</strong></p>
<hr />
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: medium;">If you want to be a respected or a moderator, goto the link above.<a href="https://rebelnet.forumotion.com/garry-s-mod-f1/proposed-clan-member-rules-t54.htm"><span style="color: red;"></span></a> </span></p>
<hr />
<p><span style="font-size: medium;"> </span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: medium;"> The rules are created by people in the \R-N\ Clan. Thank you for taking the time to read this.</span></p>
junkfooded
junkfooded
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:38 am

These rules have not been talked through with Douglas yet. I would like permission from him before he accepts MY rules.
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  junkfooded Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Yes, but they were finalized by me.
junkfooded
junkfooded
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Somebody Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Rplix wrote:This is my last post on this topic. Motd's should only include rules for the server itself, not clan rules. Just to clarify that.
*ahem* You said that, but made a post after about 4 hours. Just throwing that out there. >.>
Somebody
Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:05 pm

I dont care somebody. Smile
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  junkfooded Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Every thread with you 2 in it always ends up in you 2 arguing.

My first and last warning, quit fighting.
junkfooded
junkfooded
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:30 am

Were not arguing, but yes we should stop rivaling.
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflcopter Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 am

Well 11 Pm isn't that late, at least for me it isn't.
Roflcopter
Roflcopter

https://www.youtube.com/user/Roflcoptercraftrp?feature=mhee#p/a/u

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriot Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:15 am

Hm... I'll try to make a CSS/HTML coded MOTD. Never thought of that. Oh yeah I never saw this topic.
Patriot
Patriot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplix Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:38 pm

No one cares!
Rplix
Rplix

Back to top Go down

Post  torch Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Rplix wrote:No one cares!

I CARE. *dramatic camera zoom in*
torch
torch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down